Tuesday, July 26, 2011

HANNA 4/24/1997-7/23/2011

The morning of our fishing trip I thought it was wierd that Hanna didn't come out to eat breakfast with me, I just thought maybe she didn't hear me. When we got home that afternoon I was sitting on the couch and realized that I still hadn't seen her. I ran in the bedroom and looked under the bed where she would sleep, and she wasn't there. I ran outside and was calling her name, my stomache was sick, I thought she might have gotten out of the fence. Even though she never really went by our pond I decided to walk over and look. Sure enough she was in the pond, I started crying and ran in the house to get get Dusty. I went back outside and got her out of the pond and we burried her in the backyard. My heart is broke. I don't understand what happened. Dust thinks she was dying before she fell in, but I guess we will never know.






A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life




this is a picture of Chester and Hanna the day we brought Gage home from the hospital. They were both so excited.




I miss you so much Hanna. I found out yesterday from a lady that owned Hanna's sister that they were born April 24, 1997. Strangely Hanna's sister also passed away earlier this year in May.


I will miss you getting up in the morning with me and waiting for me to cook breakfast. I will miss the way you would stand in the dish washer licking all the dirty dishes as I would put them in. I will miss the way you loved to lick my feet, whether I was getting out of the shower or just put lotion on. I will miss our nightly feedings of Gage's puffer fish, the way you would look at me like you wanted some fish food too. I will miss you always tripping me in the kitchen waiting for food to fall on the floor. And most of all I will miss the way you followed me around the house, just staring at me. We have been through a lot together "Miss Hanna Girl" I know that you felt safer with me more than anyone else. You will always be with me, forever in my heart!




If I had known that on that day our time was near the end, I would have done things differently my forever friend


I would have stayed right next to you deep into the night, but I thought I would see you in the early morning light


And so I said "good night" to you as I walked in through the door, never thinking of the time when I'd see you no more


But if I had known that on that day our time was near the end


I would have done things so differently


My forever friend


No comments:

Post a Comment